The name of the club is the
Let Em Roll Social Riders Club
2.Mission Statement / Kaupapa
To form a social riders club in the far North and establish a link to Whanau ( extended family) who share a love of two wheels and family values which are also linked to the Whanau principles
W..Whanau first and foremost. We are whanau orientated and family comes first.
H.. Hospitality ..Looking after our whanau and friends. Being sociable and helping when we can and welcoming of everyone.
A.. Acceptance , of everyone no matter what age race or religion or bike they ride .
N.. Noble Having or showing qualities of high moral character, such as courage, generosity and kindness .
A.. Appreciate life and all that it offers and the appreciation of other members and extended whanau
U.. United .Meet as strangers ..united by the love of motorcycles to form our new WHANAU
All new members must have had ridden for 3 or more rides and MUST be voted on by all full financial members at the next monthly meeting. They must also agree to the club values and rules and respect our mission statement. Membership fees should be paid with in 4 weeks then Club badges will be presented.
1. There shall be 2 classes of membership:
1. Full Financial Members
These members shall be those persons participating in active riding
provided by the Club, attend meetings. Full members have the right to be voted on the club committee or be voted on as chairperson.Provided they meet the criteria as laid out in the "duties of Club Officers" And they have full voting rights.
3. Social Member
Shall be those persons who wish to be members of the club but are waiting for approval to be full financial members; or people who just want to follow on the clubs Facebook/Web page. Social members have NO voting rights.
A) Rules of the Club are posted on the clubs WEB page. Where an
applicant does not have access to the internet it is the applicants
responsibility to request a copy of the rules from the club secretary.
The club secretary will upon receipt of a request for the club rules
post a copy of the same to the applicant at the applicants address as
listed on the membership application.
4. Applications for Membership may be accepted on a provisional basis
until confirmed by the Committee and by issue of a Club Membership
5. The Committee shall have the right to accept, defer or refuse any
application for membership.
6. The Committee may, at their entire discretion, remove from the
Register of members, any member whose subscription is three
months or more overdue, but may reinstate such member on
payment of all arrears of subscription.
The annual subscription for members is $60:00
Subscriptions for renewal of membership shall be due on the first day of
August each year.
6. Cessation of Membership
1. A member may at any time resign membership of the Club by giving notice in writing to the Secretary, but shall continue liability for any annual subscription due and unpaid at the time of the resignation.
2. The Committee may expel any member
proved to their satisfaction to have been guilty of such conduct as to bring the
Club into disrepute. Such disciplinary powers shall include a
minimum of such member to be given immediate notice of such expulsion,
and the date of a meeting at which the appeal will be heard should the
member desire to do so, with the right to counsel.
7. Officers and Committee
1. The Club shall be managed by a committee of up to seven members
including the Chairperson, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer & Social Coordinator and 2 other
The Chairperson will convene and chair all meetings and ensure that the rules
of the club are followed.
The Vice Chair will carry out the duties of the Chairperson when required.
The Secretary is to keep a register of members, prepare notices for
meetings, keep minutes of all meetings, handle all inward and outward
correspondence as directed by the committee.
The Treasurer is to keep proper financial records, to bank all money received
by the club, to pay all accounts as approved by the committee, to prepare
3. All officer bearers shall be elected by ballot at each annual general meeting.
If insufficient nominations are received, or if an office bearer or member of
the Committee resigns their office during the year, the Committee may co-opt
a member or members to fill the vacancy until the next general meeting
where the position may be confirmed. Notification of the vacancy must be
given fourteen days prior to the next general meeting notice.
4. All office bearers shall retire at the end of each year, and those eligible may
present themselves for re-election.
5. Each consented nomination for Chairperson and Vice Chair shall be in
Seconded and then voted on. Where the
nominated person intends to stand for the position that person shall complete
a brief statement of their vision for the club and how their vision and
experience will benefit the club and its members. This is to be received by
the Secretary no later than fourteen days prior to the Annual General Meeting
and the Secretary shall make the statements available to club members for
their consideration prior to the AGM.
6. Nominations for other office holders and Committee members shall be
done in the same manner , nominated and seconded.
Those nominations shall be received prior the Annual General Meeting and made available to club members for their consideration prior to the
7. In relation to rules 6 and 7 above where there are nominations in excess to
those required for any position those nominations shall be put to members at
the Annual General Meeting where members shall vote to elect a member to
the respective role.
8. All nominations, nominators and seconders must be full financial club members.
9. Should there be less nominations than vacancies for membership of the
committee nominations can be made by members present at the AGM.
4. During the term of appointment the office bearing member will obtain, or have
access to confidential information concerning the club. The member must
1. Use the information except as authorized in the course of the
2. Use the information for the members own benefit or personal gain.
3. Use the information for the benefit of any company or other
organization in which the member is a director, shareholder or
stakeholder without the express approval of the committee.
5. In the event of a breach of confidentiality under this clause, the committee
reserves the right to suspend and/or terminate the members appointment
any other social motorcycle cub or vice versa.
9. Meetings, Voting and Resolutions.
1. All meetings shall be chaired by the Chairperson, or if absent, the Vice
Chair. Should neither be available, it shall be the first duty of the meeting
to elect a chair.
2. Unless provided elsewhere in these Rules, voting at all meetings shall be
taken by a show of hands.
Motions carried by ordinary resolution must receive a simple majority of those voting.
1. Voters must be a current member of the Club of a class with voting rights.
2. Members are entitled to vote at any time by proxy ( with the exception of new member votes) .
1. Meetings of the Committee shall be held at least once a month in such a
manner as the Committee shall determine. Seven shall form a quorum.
2. Any member of the Committee, who misses three consecutive meetings
without presenting apologies which are sustained by the meetings, may be
deemed to have forfeited their position and the vacancy may then be filled in
the manner provided by these rules.
Annual General Meeting
1.The Annual General Meeting, for which twenty eight days notice shall be
given on The Clubs WEB and Facebook page , shall be held not later than the 31st of July in each year, for the purpose of receiving from each of the Chairperson and Secretary a written report on the years activities, and from the Treasurer a Statement of Financial Performance and Position. If thought fit, the meeting may, by ordinary resolution, adopt the Reports and the Financial Statements.
General Meetings & Special Meetings
1. General meetings of members, other than the Annual General Meeting, may
be convened by the Committee, giving fourteen days notice, in such manner
and at such time as it sees fit.
2. The Secretary shall call a special general meeting upon receipt of a written
requisition signed by not less than seven Committee members or a
requisition signed by not less than 10 members of the club for the purpose
stated in the requisition, and such meeting must be called giving 14 days
notice within one calendar month of receipt of the requisition. Twenty shall
form a quorum.
Bank Account / Club Funds
1. An account shall be operated in the name of the Club in such Bank as the
Committee shall determine, and all monies received shall be paid into such
account. Any funds held in excess of normal day to day requirements will
only be lodged in interest bearing Bank or Banks deposits.
2. Any three people Chairperson, Vice Chair, Secretary or Treasurer may sign
withdrawals on such account and any person may endorse deposits into such
3. All withdrawals must be authorized by resolution of the Committee.
4. No purchases for any item, in excess of $100.00 not provided for in the
budget for the ensuing year can be made by any member of the club without
first being authorized by the committee.
5. Any person breaking Rule 4 may be suspended or referred to the
6)Person's with authorization for bank account must NOT be related .
Secretary and Treasurer
1. The Committee shall cause proper books of accounts to be kept with respect
1. All sums of monies received and expended by the Club, and the
matters in respect of which the receipt and expenditure takes place.
2. All assets held, monies due to and liabilities due by the Club.
3. The books of accounts shall be kept at the Registered Office of the
Club or such other place as approved by the Committee, and shall
always be open for inspection by any member of the Committee of
the Club. No person, other than a member of the Committee shall
have the right to inspect any account records or documents of the
Club, unless authorized by resolution of the Committee, or of the
Club in General Meeting.
4. It shall be the duty of the Secretary and Treasurer to act in all things
under the direction of the Committee, and to convene all
meetings of the Club, and to maintain a correct register of members
as required by the Incorporated Societies Act 1908. And to conduct all correspondence and generally perform
duties as are consistent with the officers of Secretary and Treasurer.
2. At the Annual General Meeting a duly audited set of books and financial
statements shall be presented.
Interpretation of Rules
Members hold themselves in honor bound to abide by the Rules of the Club as in
force for the time being, and any special or temporary instructions laid down by the
Committee or any Club official in respect of any particular event run by the Club.
. Cautions, Fines, Suspensions or Expulsion
1. Subject to possible conflict with the current disciplinary procedures as set out
in the Motorcycling NZ or other such representative body; In the event of a
breach of any part of these Rules by a member, or of conduct on the part of a
member rendering it desirable that the member be cautioned, fined,
suspended, or expelled, a meeting of the Disciplinary Committee shall be
convened to consider the alleged misconduct. The offending member shall
receive notice of the date, time and venue of the meeting and of the
The member shall be entitled to attend such meeting with counsel and make
representations on his / her / their behalf. The Disciplinary Committee may
issue such caution, fine, or suspension as it considers fit, and may make a
recommendations for the expulsion to a General Meeting of the Club.
2. A motion for expulsion must be carried by special meeting, and the
offending member shall be given a right of reply before the vote is taken.
3. The Disciplinary Committee shall be comprised of a minimum of three Committee members.
18. Alteration of Rules
1. Any alteration, revision, deletion, or addition of these Rules must be made by
special resolution carried at an Annual General Meeting or a general meeting
called for this purpose. Twenty eight days notice of the date, time and venue
of any such general meeting shall be given to members, and the notice must
include wording of the notice or notices of motion to be presented to the
meeting. No amendment to a notice of motion subsequent to its being
advised to members may be made. Motions must be carried by a 2/3rd.
Majority of members present at the meeting.
2. No voting by proxy shall be allowed regarding such alterations.